Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sarah Palin wins the I-quit-arod and promptly tries her hand at writing fiction (Updated)


By Ellipses

So I took a day and a half off from blogging and in that period, the rest of the world caught up to Sarah Palin's "death panel" statement that she made August 7th on Facebook.

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

Now, I guess I could say that Palin's interpretation of the end-of-life provision is misguided and then go on to explain that what the proposed bill ACTUALLY covers is the expense of creating a living will and that the particular provision for that coverage was ACTUALLY put in there by Georgia REPUBLICAN Johnny Isaakson... But I'd rather call her a lying piece of moose shit.

Of course, I wouldn't be the first to suggest that Palin heed the words that she, herself uttered in her resignation speech, but I'll do it anyway because sometimes the irony is just too good.

"So, how about, in honor of the American soldier, quit making things up?"

What a fucking idiot. You owe John McCain a HUGE apology.

UPDATED: 10:52am Thursday Aug 13.
Palin clarifies her "death panel" remarks by basically saying "Yeah, that's what I meant."

“The provision that President Obama refers to is Section 1233 of HR 3200, entitled ‘Advance Care Planning Consultation.’ With all due respect, it’s misleading for the president to describe this section as an entirely voluntary provision that simply increases the information offered to Medicare recipients,” she continued.

“Section 1233 authorizes advanced care planning consultations for senior citizens on Medicare every five years, and more often ‘if there is a significant change in the health condition of the individual ... or upon admission to a skilled nursing facility, a long-term care facility... or a hospice program.’"

Newsflash! THIS IS A GOOD THING.

What it means is that end of life planning is COVERED once every 5 years UNLESS SOMETHING MAJOR happens. If something major happens, you get the ADDED flexibility of utilizing this coverage. So if you amended your living will 4 years ago, and you end up in a nursing home today, you don't have to wait another year to update your end of life plans. Jesus fucking Christ.

Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

Cylinsier said...

I predict Sarah P has her own reality show by the spring TV season. That's where we are headed.

Wesley said...

Newsflash...its been stricken from the bill.

Ellipses said...

I hope it makes its way back in... it would be a shame to get rid of a completely worthwhile provision based on retarded people making up stories.

Cylinsier said...

Its only been stricken from the Senate bill. Its still in the House bill as far as I know. The House bill is the better of the two anyway.

Ellipses said...

I have a suspicion that all the "song and dance" leading up to the bill is just for show... the bill, as it will exist in it's final form, is already drafted... right now, they are making it look like it was arrived upon after a hard fought battle.

Rest easy, I guess :-)

I also have something BRILLIANT rattling around in my skull about the health care bill and gay rights... Hopefully I can chisel it out this weekend.